Day 10: 04 June
Payment for last month’s bill (May) was paid online as normal three days ago, but hasn’t gone through my nominated card.
Today, I receive a text stating that my payment is late and that I risk ‘disconnection’.
Endless calls to Vodafone this evening, nine in total.
My Vodafone account now shows as being ‘cancelled’. I have been unable to use the Vodafone automated system as my number isn’t recognised.
There is no update from Vodafone Fraud Managment, they were ‘not contactable’ when I rang in.
I have today made nine calls out of normal business hours. These have all resulted in failure. Responses as follows:
- You ported your number.
- Do you want to port your (other) number to O2?
- You can’t port your (other) number as your account is in arrears.
- You can’t pay your bill as you don’t show as having an active number.
- Call disconnect.
- Back to the main auto-attendant.
- Call disconnected.
- We don’t have your number on our system….Sir.
FRUSTRATION. NO RESOLUTION. INCOMPETENCE AND NONFEASANCE FROM VODAFONE.
Yesterday, Friday, a member of staff from Vodafone called me, advising that:
1) My mobile number has no fault.
2) My mobile number has not been ported.
3) When I have made test calls from O2, I have been wrong.
The worst part is that Vodafone refused to make a simple test call O2 to O2, which would have confirmed this.
This is in spite of O2 confirming, twice, that a port has taken place:
I then received the following text message:
THE FACTS REMAIN THAT IF:
1) A call is made to my mobile number Vodafone to Vodafone, that call is successfully sent to my Vodafone SIM.
2) A call is made to my mobile number O2 to O2, that call immediately terminates at O2 voicemail.
3) Friends and business colleagues using O2 have experienced the same issue.
I am now on day four of limited service, complaint three with Vodafone, no resolution and losing incoming calls.
On a webchat session with an O2 rep, it’s been confirmed that this mobile number is now on O2 PAYG:
On a webchat session with an O2 rep, it’s been confirmed that this number has been ported to O2: